Admission Prices for the Municipal Museums and the Institut für Stadtgeschichte (Institute for the History of Frankfurt)
Non-municipal museums are exempt from this arrangement. Please consult the individual websites of the museums.
The 16 municipal exhibiton sites are: Archäologisches Museum Frankfurt, Caricatura Museum Frankfurt, Deutsches Architekturmuseum, Hindemith Kabinett im Kuhhirtenturm, Historisches Museum Frankfurt, Ikonenmuseum Frankfurt, Institut für Stadtgeschichte, Jüdisches Museum Frankfurt, Junges Museum Frankfurt, Porzellan Museum Frankfurt, Museum Angewandte Kunst, the three dependancenies Museum für Moderne Kunst, Museum MMK, TOWER MMK, and ZOLLAMT MMK, Museum Judengasse, and Weltkulturen Museum.
Admission for adults to all museums and the special exhibitions at the Institut für Stadtgeschichte ranges from 4 to 12 Euros.
Concessionary admission is half of the regular adult admission price.
- Schoolchildren, students (except U3A students) and apprentices
- Volunteers of the German “Federal Volunteers Service”
- Unemployed persons
- Disabled persons (from 50% incapacity)
- Frankfurt Card holders
- Participants of official sightseeing tours, with relevant proof in each case, and
- groups of 20+ persons
The ticket admits one person on the day of purchase. Re-entry to the museums and the Institut für Stadtgeschichte is possible on the same day.
- Children and young persons under 18
- Students of Goethe University Frankfurt and Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences
- Members of the friends’ association of the museum concerned (unless other arrangements are in place)
- MuseumsuferCard and MuseumsuferTicket holders
- Ehrenamts-Card (volunteer card of the State of Hesse) holders
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) members
- Visitors from Frankfurt’s partner cities
- and carers of disabled persons, in each case with relevant proof.
The MuseumsuferCard entitles the holder to free admission to permanent and special exhibitions for the duration of 12 months.
- MuseumsuferCard Individual 89 €
- MuseumsuferCard Concession 45 €
- MuseumsuferCard Family 150 €
The MuseumsuferTicket entitles the holder to free admission to permanent exhibitions and special exhibitions on two consecutive days.
- MuseumsuferTicket Individual 21 €
- MuseumsuferTicket Concession 12 €
- MuseumsuferTicket Family 32 €
Frankfurt-Pass and Kulturpass
The Frankfurt-Pass and the Kulturpass entitle the holder to a concessionary admission rate of 1 € for all permanent and special exhibitions. Holders of these passes may also purchase the MuseumsuferCard and the MuseumsuferTicket at the concessionary rate. The Kulturpass is issued by the „Kultur für ALLE e.V.“ registered association.
Admission rates for refugees
For refugees, the same pricing arrangements as for the Frankfurt-Pass and the Kulturpass apply. The concessionary admission rate of 1€ for all permanent and special exhibitions applies when relevant proof is provided.
Family day (Satourday)
There is free admission for everyone on the last Saturday of every month. The participating museums take turns to offer a programme for families free of charge, except on the last Saturday in August, when the Museumsuferfest is taking place. In August, the Saturday before the last one is free.
Guided tours for children
The rate for a 1-hour guided tour (1 unit) for a group of 10+ children is 3€ per child. For additional units, such as tour plus workshop, the rate increases accordingly. There is no separate admission charge.
Guided tours for blind/visually-impaired and hearing-impaired visitors and guided tours in simple German
Tours for these groups will be charged at 30 € plus applicable admission fees.
Guided tours by special arrangement will be charged at 50 € per group plus applicable admission fees.
For other events, such as workshops and children’s birthday parties, charges can vary depending on requirements.
In case of special exhibitions, additional charges or higher admission fees may apply.